Weds 24th Christmas Eve HALF DAY 9am til 2pm
Thurs 25th Christmas Day – CLOSED
Fri 26th Boxing Day – CLOSED
Sat 27th CLOSED
Sun 28th CLOSED
Mon 29th Open as usual 9am to 5:30pm
Tues 30th Open as usual 9am to 5:30pm
Weds 31st New Years Eve HALF DAY 9am til 2pm
Thurs 1st New Years Day CLOSED
Fri 2nd CLOSED
Sat 3rd CLOSED
Sun 4th CLOSED
Monday 5th Jan – Normal service resumes
From all at PC Express have a Merry Christmas and and Happy New Year !
Before the release of the iPhone 6 later this month, many manufactures are looking at replacement parts for this amazing piece of kit. It’s not yet known if there will be any flaws but looking at the sleek design and craftsmanship, the iPhone 6 is a beautifully made masterpiece of advanced technology which is set to be a sell out much faster than the iPhone 5 5c and 5s.
Here are some sneak preview pictures of a real iPhone 6 before it’s announcement on the 9th September 2014. We look forward to hearing what features iOS 8 brings too.
CPU: Intel Dual Core 2.0GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
Hard Drive: 500GB SATA
Screen: 15.4″ LCD
Wireless: Yes, b/g
USB Ports: 3
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Warranty: 3 Months RTB
Comes with: AC Adapter
Lid Colour: Pink
We have available a Compaq CQ57 2nd user laptop for sale. Priced at £180
CPU: AMD V140 2.3GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3
O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Screen: 15.6″ LED
DVD-RW, Webcam 3 USB’s, VGA.
3 Months RTB Warranty.
We’re 3 jobs away from the 10,000 mark here at PC Express. Of the 10,000 jobs taken in around 40% are virus removal jobs and 30% of them hard drive failure. We’d like to take this moment to remind you of some little things you can do to minimise the risk of infection or hard drive failure.
- Never open an email attachment that you are not expecting unless is from someone you know. Even if you do know sender you should be sure it’s something they have actually sent you. Attachments to be wary of end in .ZIP .EXE .SCR. Attachments that are generally safe are .PDF .JPG.
- Never login to websites from a link in an email, especially for Banks, Royal Mail, Couriers, eBay or PayPal. These links often take you to a replica site that will steal your login credentials. The safest way is to visit the website through your internet browser and login that way.
- Don’t listen to anyone who calls you claiming to fix your computer, they may even claim to be from Microsoft. They aren’t. Just say “No thank you and put the phone down”.
- When installing programs, rather than clicking ‘Next, next, next’ in a hurry. Check to see if other things are being bundled with the software you are installing that you may not want or need.
- Ignore tools that claim to ‘Boost’ and ‘Speed up’ your computer 95% are bogus and ransom you into paying money. A good, free tool for clean up in CCleaner available from Piriform.
HARD DRIVE DISASTER ADVICE
Always keep a recent back up of data, weekly is a good idea. Hard drives are part mechanical and part electronic. Both these technologies are prone to sudden failure at any time.
Try to avoid moving around with the laptop whilst its on, the hard drive has moving parts inside and moving the laptop during use can cause shocks to the drive.
Don’t put off buying a backup solution, so many customers say they intended to do it and never get around to it resulting in either complete data loss or very expensive specialist data recovery. You can pick up an External Hard Drive for £40-£50. Specialist data recovery will cost £300+. Cloud backup solutions are also available which will automate backups for you.
One final tip for laptop owners, if you are carrying your laptop around, unplug the power cable from the laptop first. Not doing this is likely to damage your power socket over time which is another popular repair we provide.
If you want more information or advice please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0161 291 1044 or follow us on any of our social media links.
If you are a business that services locally within your community then social media advertising is a must. Times are changing, and just like having a web presence was important back in 2010, social media is now key to running a business.
If you need any help or free advice on what to do next, give us a call and we will be happy to help.
The iPad Air has arrived with its remarkably thinner design of the full size range of iPad tablets. Lighter and thinner can often mean it will be easier to inflict damage should it be dropped. At PC Express we are ahead of the game and are already sourcing the parts for the repairs for those who are unfortunate to require them.
iPad Air Repairs
How does this compare to other iPad internally? Well you will see from the image that they are very similar to the iPad 2/3 and 4 design; we are still awaiting the part costs at this stage but they should be available soon. For a quotation on a iPad Air repair (cracked screen or otherwise) just click this link here or give us a call on 0161 291 1044 for a free quotation.
We are now in iTechnician Approved repair centre.
iPhone Repair | iPod Repair | iPad Repair | Mac Repair